President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan made statements after the Cabinet Meeting. Pointing to the year 2013 again regarding the economic crisis, Erdoğan said: “As Turkey, we will hopefully witness a rapid decline in inflation in our country after New Year’s.
Monday, September 05, 2022, 22:05
President of AKP Recep Tayyip Erdogan Presidential Cabinet Meeting, chaired by The meeting at the Presidential Complex lasted 2 hours. Making statements after the cabinet, Erdoğan repeated his statement regarding the economic crisis that the country was in, pointing to the year 2*23.
Erdogan, “Inflation remains our most serious problem. Every country in the world is struggling with the unprecedented inflation threat in the last 40-50 years according to its own economic reality. As Turkey, I hope we will witness a rapid decline in inflation in our country after the New Year. We plan to come out with numbers in the 40s and then the 20s until the end of the year.‘ he stated.
- I would like to remind Greece, which has recently increased its harassment against our country. Greece is not our equal politically, economically or militarily.
AGAIN TARGET ECONOMISTS
- Turkey has to be strong and constantly increase its power. Otherwise, we will give an opportunity to those who want to drag our country into disasters, of which we have seen countless examples around us.
- The growth figures for the second quarter of 2022, announced last week, showed that the Turkish economy continued to rise. This picture is a sign that we continue on our way in line with our program based on investment, employment, exports and growth with current surplus.
- Although some people criticized us for this policy during the epidemic, even they cannot deny that we made the right decision.
- Even what we call the mandate economists can no longer insist on their old views. He says different things, even though he is constantly pointing at the empty half of the glass.
- The rate, which was 7.5 percent in the first quarter of this year, became 7.6 percent in the second quarter. We are the second country with the highest growth in both the OECD and the G-20.
- The fact that the machinery and equipment investment expenditure in our balanced growth is almost twice the average strengthens our hope to reach further levels in the future.
- With the approach of the winter season, the deepening concern of the energy crisis, which started as Europe-centered and has global effects, makes Turkey’s production and export potential even more important.
- Thank God, we are moving towards a realization that exceeds the targets in tourism. We spend a season in which it is almost impossible to find vacancies in hotels, airplanes and tourism facilities all over our country.
- Excluding energy, our current account balance in the first 6 months of the year yielded a surplus of 8.1 billion dollars. We are increasingly continuing our efforts to have a current account surplus including energy.
- We are implementing many projects aimed at supplying our country’s energy needs from domestic, national and sustainable sources. We emphasize at every opportunity that we have created our new program based on employment.
- The fact that it has reached the 31 million mark, which is the highest figure in our history, with a net increase of 5 million in the last 2 years is proof that we have reached our target in this area.
“INFLATION IS STILL OUR MOST SERIOUS PROBLEM”
- Thankfully, our call to our citizens to trust and protect our own money, TL, has received an important response. Thanks to the interest shown in foreign exchange-protected deposits, it reached 239 billion dollars, and decreased to 212 billion dollars at the end of last month.
- In this picture, inflation still remains our most serious problem. Every country in the world is struggling with the unprecedented inflation threat in the last 40-50 years according to its own economic reality.
- As Turkey, I hope we will witness a rapid decline in inflation in our country after the New Year. We plan to see numbers in the 40s and then the 20s until the end of the 30s.
“MEDIUM-TERM PROGRAM THE ROADMAP OF THE STRUGGLE”
- We will implement many measures step by step, from the minimum wage to raising the salaries of pensioners and civil servants, by addressing social assistance programs with a new understanding. The medium-term program published in the Official Gazette yesterday is the roadmap of this struggle.
- The medium-term program prepared with the participation of all our ministries and institutions will be the guide for our work between 2023 and 2025. We will implement a strategy aimed at the development potential of our country, increasing employment and targeting export-based growth. We expect the increase in service revenues to continue on a regular basis.
- We will continue our exports with country and product diversity. We will give priority to projects that will mobilize our country’s opportunities in every field, including energy. We want to bring financial and price stability to the level we aim for. We will provide employment to everyone who wants to work, especially our youth and women. We will not compromise on budget discipline.
- We will constantly arbitrate to reduce public deficits and strengthen budget balances. The realization of the green transformation is also among the important elements of the medium-term program. At the end of the program, we aim to increase our national income to over 1 trillion.
- Despite everything, we see our country’s rise to 11th place in the world national income ranking in terms of purchasing parity as an important success. I would like to say that I sincerely believe that we will not be far from entering the top 10 in the world in terms of total national income.
“Among OUR URBAN TRANSFORMATION PROGRAMS BASED ON HORIZONTAL ARCHITECTURE”
- We are implementing many different programs to pave the way for our new entrepreneurs and increase their courage. Among these initiatives, we will more strongly support projects that will contribute to our energy supply security. We will specifically encourage projects that develop products with a technology-oriented industry move.
- It is among our urban transformation programs that are prepared for disasters, have high energy efficiency, protect our cultural values, and are based on horizontal architecture.
- We want to make our 2023 budget, which will come into effect with the discretion of our Assembly, the basis for new and important steps we have taken towards the goals of our country. We will not allow neither the election process nor internal and external development to disrupt the program and budget balances, which are critical for the future of 85 million.
CALL FOR HELP TO PAKISTAN
- Turkey sees being in solidarity with everyone who has been victimized and oppressed wherever they are in the world, as a responsibility that civilization and its history have placed on it. We have become the country that provides the most humanitarian aid in the world compared to its national income, with our relevant official institutions and civil society.
- We will continue to be the hope of all the oppressed and victims. We show the same attitude in the face of the flood disaster in Pakistan. Pakistan has embraced our brotherhood law, which we had the same state roots as centuries ago.
- Throughout the history of the Republic, we found the people and state of Pakistan by our side whenever we were in trouble. The flood disaster, which was effective in Pakistan and flooded a significant part of the country, broke our hearts. Due to the effect of monsoon rains and global warming, the lands of the country were flooded with the melting of the glaciers in the high mountains.
- From health to food, from infrastructure to resettlement, Turkey and the Turkish nation have not remained indifferent. Our Ministers of Interior, Environment and Urbanization personally went to the region and saw and examined it on site. 50 thousand tents and 100 thousand food and cleaning packages were prepared under the coordination of our AFAD Presidency.
- We will continue to share the opportunities we have with our Pakistani brothers until the air bridge created and the goodness trains heal the wounds of our Pakistani brothers. Our goal is to deliver a total of 500 thousand food parcels to Pakistan in 14 trips by lifting 2 trains every week.
DETAILS ARE COMING…