Former Deputy General Manager of Halkbank, who was deported to Turkey after 28 months in detention in the USA in the Halkbank Case Hakan Atillahis own trial and Sedat PekerHe made statements about the former Halkbank General Manager and former CMB Chairman Ali Fuat Taşkesenlioğlu, who came to the agenda with the shares of .
Speaking to our newspaper’s columnist Barış Terkoğlu, Atilla said about Ali Fuat Taşkesenlioğlu, who went as Halkbank’s Deputy General Manager and was Halkbank’s General Manager at the time he was arrested in the USA.I wonder which qualification was evaluated and brought to this task. We worked together. I haven’t seen him do a single thing to contribute to the bank. I couldn’t understand what his title was that he became the general manager. Maybe Ali Babacan, who signed him, knows. The issue was always reduced to Zarrab. However, Halkbank was successfully managing international operations in those days. He also served international companies. This may not work for anyone. The person to be appointed must meet certain qualifications.” he said.
RESPONSE TO HAKAN ATİLLA FROM DEVA PARTY
Democracy and Breakthrough (DEVA) Party; Hakan AtillaFormer general manager of the bank whose name was mentioned in Sedat Peker’s allegations of bribery and corruption. Ali Fuat Taşkesenlioglu because of his words aboutThere was no negative information, document, notice or complaint until 28 August 2015, when our Honorable President left his ministry.‘ he declared.
In the statement, “As DEVA Party, we will follow up the clarification of the issue and our criminal complaint so that there is no doubt in the minds and conscience of our nation.” it was said.
RESPONSE TO ATILLA: ‘COMPATIBLE WITH LEGISLATION’
The statement also “Ali Fuat Taşkesenlioğlu was appointed as a member of the Board of Directors and Audit Committee of Vakıfbank in 2012, and then as a member of the Board of Directors and General Manager of Halkbank in 2014, within the framework of all necessary examination, permission and approval processes in accordance with the relevant legislation” statements were included.
Here is DEVA’s full statement:
“THE HALKBANK BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBERSHIP AND APPOINTMENT TO THE GENERAL DIRECTORATE IN 2014 WAS PERFORMED WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF ALL REQUIRED REVIEW, PERMISSION AND APPROVAL PROCESSES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RELATED LEGISLATION”
- As the public follows closely, the Democracy and Atılım (DEVA) Party, the CMB Ex-Chairman Ali Fuat Taşkesenlioğlu and the other persons named in the allegations were brought to the agenda on 29 August 2022, the first working day at 10.40 am, according to the Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office numbered 2022-188709. filed a criminal complaint with the preparatory file.
- While this situation is evident, it is seen that the appointment of the aforementioned person to the General Directorate of Halk Bank was brought to the agenda and an effort targeting our Chairman and our Party was put forward. In order to inform the public correctly, we find it useful to explain the following points.
- Ali Fuat Taşkesenlioğlu was appointed as a member of the Board of Directors and Audit Committee of Vakıfbank in 2012, and then as a Member of the Board of Directors and General Manager of Halkbank in 2014, within the framework of all necessary examination, permission and approval processes in accordance with the relevant legislation.
As it is known, Article 25 of the Banking Law,
- Bank general managers must have at least undergraduate education in law, economics, finance, banking, business administration, public administration and equivalent branches, and those who have studied at the undergraduate level in engineering must have graduated from the specified fields and have at least ten years of professional experience in the field of banking or business administration. they must be. Those who will be appointed to the general directorate and assistantships must be notified to the Agency together with the documents showing that they meet the conditions sought in this article. If a negative opinion is not given by the Institution within seven business days following the notification, the relevant persons may be appointed.
“ANY NEGATIVE COMPLAINTS HAVE NOT BEEN ISSUE UNTIL 28 AUGUST 2015, WHEN OUR MINISTER GENERAL RELEASED FROM THE MINISTRY POSITION”
- Appointment of Ali Fuat Taşkesenlioğlu as a Member of the Board of Directors and General Manager of Halkbank was carried out within the framework of the permission of the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (BDDK), which states that there is no obstacle to his appointment within the framework of this article.
- On the other hand, there was no negative information, document, notice or complaint during the appointment process and the period until 28 August 2015, when our Honorable Chairman left his ministry.
“DEVA PARTY TAKES ACTION IN THE FIRST WORKDAY AGAINST THE CLAIMS BRINGED TO THE INVENTION AND SIGNED A CRIME”
- The entire public knows very well that our President, during his term of office, has been at the highest level in fulfilling the results and findings in the reports of the inspection and audit units of the affiliated, related or related institutions, the audit of the relevant regulatory and supervisory institutions, the audit of the Court of Accounts and the audit of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey. showed sensitivity.
- Necessary administrative and legal processes have been initiated without hesitation in case of the slightest weakness in these matters during or after the duty. As a matter of fact, DEVA Party took action on the first working day and filed a criminal complaint against the allegations brought to the agenda.
- As DEVA Party, we will follow up the clarification of the issue and our criminal complaint so that there is no doubt in the minds and conscience of our nation.