News

Ukraine crisis.. Evacuation of residents of a pro-Moscow separatist region

Announcing this step on social media, Denis Pushilin, head of the so-called unrecognized Donetsk People’s Republic, said that Moscow had agreed to provide accommodation for the departing residents, with the evacuation of women, children and the elderly first, according to “Reuters”.

There was no comment from Russian officials or from Kiev.

A Reuters correspondent in Donetsk said there were no indications of evacuation so far.

“From today, February 18, mass evacuations of residents to the Russian Federation have been organized. Women, children and the elderly will be evacuated first,” Pushlin said.

Russia, which denies planning an attack on Ukraine, expressed concern earlier Friday about a significant increase in the frequency of bombing in the area known as Donbass.

The Interfax news agency quoted a source in the parliament of the self-declared republic as saying that hundreds of thousands are planning to leave the Donetsk People’s Republic for the Russian Rostov region.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button